Thursday, December 20, 2012

Accomplished!

as the title suggests, i was feeling very accomplished yesterday. i felt that my day was very well spent! i was already up early in the morning and headed to toa payoh polyclinic to key in the remaining data of eight patients for my final year project and was done in less than an hour! i can finally have a short break from school before data analysis. my holidays had just begun! :D

headed to paragon to have my iphone fixed thereafter. it was during the legoland trip that i found out that the front camera was malfunctioning. the phone would just hang when the front camera is switched on and none of the buttons helped. since i love to take pictures using the iphone, i just have to get it fixed before the warranty expires. furthermore, the front camera is so useful, for self-shots and as my mirror! forgetful me didn't back up the photos in my phone so the person from the telco had to help me upload my stuff onto icloud. however, the uploads failed after about three attempts, and i had to get a thumbdrive from lucky plaza to save the 4gb worth of photos! fortunately, i will be reimbursed as i needed to get one for my final year project anyway. and so, i managed to get a one-for-one exchange! i'm quite sure it's a refurbished phone though. oh well, better than nothing! and i managed to put on the diamond screen protector for the phone myself :D

since i was already in town, i figured i might as well do some christmas shopping and settle all the gift exchanges. and yes, i'm done buying all the gifts except for the girlfriends' gift exchange. the five of us agreed to get two items from daiso for our "mortals". the budget is low and yet the spirit of gift exchange is still preserved! i wonder what i'll get from my secret santa, i really hope it's not some broom or mop!

while shopping, i saw the running shoes that i searched high and low for at queensway shopping center. being in the colour i want, the last pair in my size and having a 10% discount, i just had to grab it! *kaching* $125.10 swiped off my masters card :/ i'd better make full use of it and start keeping fit!

the adidas adipure 360! :)



then the cashier told us if we spent $200 in two receipts using the DBS credit card, we get a chance at the sure-win lucky dip.


since we're only short of $75 and being the aunties we are, my friend and i combed the whole of Takashimaya just to top up the spendings. took us a couple of hours to get $75 worth of items to purchase and was totally worn out after that. there was also FREE gift wrap, how could we miss that! he brings out the auntie in me!


was hoping to get the crabtree and evelyn gift set or $10 Takashimaya gift voucher so that we can use them for gift exchanges. who knows my lucky hand drew out the top prize - a bottle of Terra Sur Reserva Sauvignon Blanc 2011 wine. the disappointment on our faces wasn't hard to detect at all since the both of us do not drink. moreover, we still needed to travel all the way to UE Square to collect the wine.



gatherings and activities planned for the remaining days of 2012 and i'm excited to spend the new year in bintan! my long-awaited resort getaway :D

No comments:

Post a Comment